Pitta, when gets accumulated in the gastro-intestinal tract, having predominance of sourness causes Amlapitta. Amlapitta is the aggravated amla guna of pitta, i.e. disturbance in the natural sourness of pitta.
अम्लं विदग्धं च पित्तं अम्लपित्तं ।
मधुकोश – श्रीकांतदत्त
• Dislike for food
• Sour Burps
• Burning sensation in Throat
When do we need to eat?
• Breakfast– Early morning – 6 – 8 am
• Lunch– Noon – 12 – 1 pm
• Dinner– Evening – 6 – 7 pm
How often do we need to eat?
• Healthy and mild snacking is allowed every 2-3 hours between the meals.
• Do not eat anything after dinner.
• Only 1 cup of Golden Milk- Milk boiled with Turmeric can be consumed.
What do we need to do?
• Early Morning– Fresh Juice of pulp of Bottle gourd (ghiya) or Ash Gourd (petha).
• Replace Milk Tea with Licorice Tea (Mulethi Kadha)– after meal for its soothing effect
or Ginger Tea (Adrak ka Kadha)– Before meal, for balanced digestion of food, to drive off the dislike towards food- अरुचि.
• Chew your meals properly.
• Do not consume acidic foods– Consume alkaline foods. Our body produces enough acid from metabolism, that we don’t need to intake acidic foods. Body’s buffer mechanism works just fine on its own. Don’t disturb your enzymes for the sake of taste buds.
Consume 80% alkaline diet,
only 20% acidic diet.
• Let your skin breathe. Exercise, Sweat more. Perspiration is respiration for the skin.
• Breathe deeply. Carbon dioxide accumulated in the body is toxic.
• Avoid Antacids– They can give symptomatic relief, which is temporary, but the damage to our system is permanent.
• Try to lose weight, if you are overweight or obese.
• Yogasana– Vajrasana, Pawan-muktasana, Yogamudra on an empty stomach
• Pranayama– Sheetali, Sheetkari and Anulom-viloma
• Meditation– Meditate before going to bed and after waking up. We need to stay away from stress and stressful situations, maintain inner peace for our GIT to function nicely.
• Quit smoking and alcohol, if you haven’t done yet.
• Go to bed with an empty stomach. Eat at least 2 – 3 hours before lying down.
What do you need to consume?
Alkaline food items are anti-oxidants to the body, and neutralise the acid-causing free radicals in the body.
• Fresh Honey,
• Fresh Fruit sugar,
• Jaggery (गुड़)
• Rock salt- सेंधा नमक,
• Black Salt- काला नमक
• Desi Ghee- देसी घी,
for cooking and garnishing,
• Butter- unsalted, fresh, made from cow’s milk
• Fennel Water or Coriander Water
Soak fennel – saunf or coriander – dhaniya seeds in water overnight.
Sieve and drink this water in the morning.
What do you need to avoid specifically?
• Old Honey and Mustard Oil– Disrupt the harmony of Pitta with other doshas, therefore, should be avoided by the patients of acidity and in Pitta aggravating seasons.
• Alcohol & Smoking
• Carbonated beverages
• Coffee or tea (regular or decaffeinated)
• Fatty or fried foods
• Foods containing tomato, like ketchup, sauces, curries
• Tomatoes as salads
• Garlic & onions– They are good taste enhancers and digestion enhancers, but should be avoided if they trigger acidity.
• Spicy foods, such as those containing chilli or curry.
• Late night sleeping pattern.
• Don’t make haste. Slow down and don’t stress.
This Post Has 26 Comments
Excellent article. Thankyou so much.
Extremely useful article !!
Thank you for sharing?
Bauhat hi acha or usefull article hai
Thank you soo much
A very useful and informative article. Thank you so much for updating us.
Very useful article. Thank you Dr. Budhiraja.
Wonderful article, very helpful.
Very useful information, our lifestyle is responsible for all diseases…thank you so much…I will definitely apply
Thanks for a wonderful article
An excellent plan for our health.Thank you so much for this.
Very useful for me ?
Good article. Great writing and briefing skills. Really informative.
And that chart is very easy to understand ?. Awesome ? work
I take oveenight soaked corriander seeds water in the morning.
I firstly boil it and then take its water.
I wish to know if this is the right way or should we take without boiling.
Depends upon the reason why you are consuming them in the first place.
If it is because of thyroid conditions or cholesterol or indigestion and acidity, overnight soaking is fine.
Thank you Dr.
I am consuming for acidity
It’s fine, you can soak it and keep it in the refrigerator (it tends to go bad in this weather if left outside).
In the morning, you can heat it at a comfortable temperature.
Very useful information. Thanks a lot
Thank you so much for this wonderful article . Every point explained in very easy sentences with various illustrations .
Much needed by many .
That’s what I was lookin for ??Thank you so much ?
Thanks for sharing, really it’s a very helpful article.
Very useful for me as I usually suffer from acidity ??
Thank u very much for posting such a useful informative blog. ??
Very nice dr.
Pingback: Amlapitta – Naturiesta
Pingback: Bone Health & Ayurveda - Naturiesta - Evolving Perceptions with Ayurveda
Comments are closed.