Dalia– The broken or crushed wheat grain has been the most common breakfast cereal in Indian household for generations. It is rich in fibre, proteins and calcium, when served along with sweeteners and milk, thus good from growing-up kids. Dalia can be savoured with chopped and sautéd vegetables, thus adding nutrition to the fibrous Dalia. Eating healthy and sattvika meals relax our abdomen and soothes the digestion.
You Become What You Eat.
Eat Sattvika, Become Sattvika
Dalia has time and again been wisely recommended for developing kids, elderly and people recovering from illness. People with tough fat and constipation prefer it as it is low in fat and cholesterol, and high in fibre. Young boys who wish to gain muscle mass can have the sweetened Dalia as breakfast.
Servings – 4
- Preparation Time- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time- 25 minutes
- Total Time- 35 minutes
- 1 tsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp- Jeera/Cumin
- 1/2 tsp- Haldi/Turmeric
- 1 Green Chilli and/or Black Pepper- as per preference
- Namak/Salt- as per taste- preferably Saindha Namak- Rock salt
- 3/4 cup Dalia
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong beans / Moong Dhuli Dal
- 1/2 cup Lauki/Bottle Gourd – Grated
- 1/2 cup Parval/Ridge Gourd- Grated
- 1/2 cup Kachcha Papita/Raw Green Papaya- Grated
- Hot Water- 6 times the Dalia = 4.5 cup
- Take Roasted Dalia. If you don’t have it, roast it till light brown in a pan.
- Add ghee to the heated pressure cooker. Keep the flame low.
- Add cumin/jeera, and let it splutter.
- Now add Roasted Dalia to the pressure cooker.
- Add the grated vegetables, green chilli and/or black pepper, and salt.
- Mix them gently, and put the cooker on low flame.
- Add hot water. Close the lid and let the Dalia be cooked on high flame till one whistle.
- Lower the flame for another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Your Easy-to-Cook & Easy-to-Digest Dalia
is now ready to be served with
a prayer of health
Consumption of this Vegetable Dalia is an awesome option for healthy and light start of the day.
Let’s make something together.