Commonly known as alternative holistic health care system, physical evidence of Ayurveda has been traced back to more than 5000 years ago. Though, Ayurveda was being practised and verbally preached since the time unknown according to the written evidences present in modern times.
Ayurveda = Ayu + Veda
Classically, the word Ayurveda comprises of two words, i.e., ‘ayu’ and ‘veda’ meaning the knowledge of life. ‘Ayu’ means Life, the unified collaboration of body (sharira), senses (indriya), mind (sattva), soul (atma). ‘Veda’ means knowledge. Thus, Ayurveda pertains to improve the health of all of these attributes.
Ayurveda is the healing touch of nature where everything around us is having the capability to heal us, be it our kitchen spices, daily meals, metals or elements we use or the healing herbs from the far-stretched Himalayas. These help to maintain the health of healthy ones and heal the diseased ones.
हिताहितं सुखंदुःखमायुस्तस्य हिताहितं |
मानं च तच्च यत्रोक्तमायुर्वेदः स उच्यते ||
Ayurveda is the text that explains different types of lives we humans can live-
- Hitayu– Advantageous life– The person who
– does good deeds and takes care of fellow humans;
– is honest and isn’t greedy of others’ wealth;
– is peaceful and spreads peace;
– is thoughtful, follows the path of principles;
– and is spiritual,
– the life of such a person is regarded as Advantageous Life.
- Ahitayu– Disadvantageous life– Life of person with qualities opposite to the person with Hitayu is considered to be Disadvantageous Life.
- Sukhayu– Happy State of Life– The person who
– is free from all kinds of physical and mental illness,
– is young, enthusiastic, triumphant,
– is capable of good perception through senses,
– is wealthy and has a great will-power,
– life of such a person is reckoned as a Happy State of Life.
- Dukhayu– Unhappy State of Life– Life of person with qualities opposite to the person with Sukhayu is considered to be an Unhappy State of Life.
The primordial, unvarying and immortal texts of Ayurveda instructs about the good and bad for maintenance and longevity of Hitayu and Sukhayu. Among these, the texts also precisely describe the measurement of human life based on the above-mentioned order.
The clinical knowledge was imparted by Lord Brahma himself, whereas the surgical knowledge was set forth by Lord Dhanwantri. To know more, click here.
For the science that has been tested time and again, Ayurveda has faced it all. It continues to persist, proving its authenticity. To know more, click here.
Let's make Something Together.
This Post Has 2 Comments